Thursday, January 16, 2014

Headus UVLayout


Work on the red saucer continues. I'm reaching that point where I've spent so many hours on it that I'm starting to get sick of looking at it, and I'm losing the ability to judge how it's coming along. I have to resist the urge to endlessly tool around, revise bits and pieces, fiddle with details and change things. It is what it is, at this point, and there's nothing to do but press on! So, onward I press.

I've spent the past few days laying out UVs, and on that note I wanted to drop a quick post to recommend Headus UVLayout. Now, I'm no texturing expert. There are probably other great UV tools out there, but this is the one I've become used to, and I gotta say I hardly remember what life was like before it came along. It's super fast and intuitive, and it continues to add amazing time-and sanity-saving features with each update. It's also well worth investing in the "pro" version, rather than the hobbyist, as a lot of the best tricks and tools are limited to that version.

There are a handful of very straightforward, very useful tutorial videos on the site. If you ever lay out UVs and you haven't checked this program out, I highly recommend having a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment